Friday, September 27, 2013

YES!! Paleo lasagna!!!!!

Yeah, I'm a little excited about this one . . . I do miss lasagna.  The only non-paleo ingredient is goat cheese.  I can tolerate goat cheese just fine (can only tolerate a wee little bit of cow cheese), and its sharp flavor is a nice complement to the dish.

Today I made a nice big vat of my paleo spaghetti sauce (in Cavemom's Cooking), and in this post I talk about woodear mushrooms, which are quite noodle-like.

I didn't want to make a big pan of lasagna if this wasn't going to work out, so I did a little test:


a nice big (cooked) woodear mushroom, spread on some goat cheese, layered in some fresh spinach, then a spoonful of my spaghetti sauce, topped with a little more goat cheese.  Then fold it closed:


It was a little messy eating it this way, but I learned what I wanted to know!  I CAN make paleo lasagna and it was really good!!!


Want more recipes?  Purchase Cavemom's Cooking on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment